guix-devel

Re: Bump stackage LTS

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Bump stackage LTS
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 14:17:33 -0400

Hi John,

I’m just catching up on the list after a long hiatus, so sorry for the
wait.

John Soo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> Stackage and ghc have moved quite a bit since our stackage and ghc
> versions.  Would it be ok to start work on bumping our package set to
> a newer set of working packages and compilers?  What is the state of
> the wip-haskell branch?

Yes!  That would be great.  The way I see it, there are three things we
should do:

    1. Make a change for <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/39309>
    2. Update GHC to 8.8.3
    3. Update all of the “ghc-*” packages to their LTS 15 versions

I’ve been meaning to get started on all of this, and this is nice
reminder to do so!  :)  I have something ready for [1], and I have a
couple of scripts for getting [3] off the ground quickly.  It would be
great if you could take a look at [2].  (Although, if you’ve started
working on [3] already, we can make different arrangements – let me
know.)

AFAIK, we are OK to use the wip-haskell branch.  I will reset it to
master and get started today or tomorrow.

-- Tim