guix-devel

Re: Bump stackage LTS

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Bump stackage LTS
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 16:21:48 +0200

 Hi John,

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 at 21:58, John Soo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stackage and ghc have moved quite a bit since our stackage and ghc versions.
> Would it be ok to start work on bumping our package set to a newer set of
> working packages and compilers?  What is the state of the wip-haskell branch?

Thank you for working on this.

Recently, I have tried to setup some Haskell environment -- previously
I was using Debian packages -- and I was a bit lost. Using Debian, I
am just doing "apt-get install haskell-platform" and it fits my needs
as beginner. Does something similar exist in Guix? If yes, which
package is it? If not, could we add it? (I have tried to express this
here [1]).

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-04/msg00318.html

Thanks,
simon