guix-devel

Re: package requests

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: package requests
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 23:14:52 +0200

Il giorno sab 25 apr 2020 alle ore 15:06 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi Catonano,

Catonano 写道:
> Say that some people file bugs in the Guix issue tracker
> requesting the
> packaging of some software projects
>
> Can a list of such requests be seen in any way ?

[…]

> Is there any specific tagging scheme to be used for package
> requests filing ?

Not that I know of.  It's all very ad-hoc and things get lost &
forgotten.

<https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/Wishlist> is the closest
thing we have to an ‘official’ list.

While a structured approach would be much better than our wiki
page, I prefer that wiki page over *our* bug tracker.

don't you like Debbugs ?

I can see why

Have you seen this, anyway ?

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-03/msg00238.html

Sirgazil proposed to send a patch to allow Debbugs to tag package requests so that they could be easily searched

I'd be fine with either solution, as long as it's accepted by the wider community