guix-devel

Re: Progress on the Hurd; new state of wip-hurd-vm

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Progress on the Hurd; new state of wip-hurd-vm
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 17:32:07 +0200

Hello,

I just had a tour of that branch, it looks like there are interesting
patches wrt cross-building, aren't those ready for upstream (core-
updates maybe) ?

I'm looking at the first one (for perl) for example...

I've been trying to cross-compile the binary-tarball to new arches,
without any success, all failing the same way, on perl...

And when it hit me that there is a recurring theme in those failures
I found a few issues and ML posts about the same problem.

So, what's the status of those patches ?

--
Vincent Legoll