guix-devel

Re: Build fails on 'doc/guix.de.texi': @ref reference to nonexistent nod

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Build fails on 'doc/guix.de.texi': @ref reference to nonexistent node...
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 21:37:38 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Attempting to define and build my own package for the first time, I am havi=
> ng trouble
> simply setting up the basic environment. In particular, make is failing wit=
> h a
> plethora of "@ref reference to nonexistent node" errors on doc/*.de.texi fi=
> les.
>
> It looks like issues #35913 and #35786 may be related; however, at the mome=
> nt
> issues.guix.gnu.org is returning 500 when I attempt to open them.
>
> Attached is the output of make, and below is how I am getting to that point=
> :
>
>     $ guix environment --pure guix --ad-hoc coreutils findutils which
>     $ ./bootstrap
>     $ ./configure --localstatedir=3D/var
>     $ make
>
> Am I just flubbing up something simple? For clarity, this is happening on a=
>  freshly
> pulled master:
>
>     $ git rev-parse HEAD
>     f6145358c7d33e73c0708bbe400e6e8e65512ef3

Hey,

Sorry you're having problems. I've tried cloning the same commit you
did, and running through the same commands, but unfortunately I couldn't
reproduce the issue. I've attached the log output I get, starting at a
similar point to the log you provided.

Are you still having issues? Unfortunately I'm no expert on the
translated documentation, so I don't have any specific advice to offer
at the moment.

Chris