guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami "progress"

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami "progress"
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 01:52:14 +0200

On Wed, 08 Apr 2020 01:06:14 +0200
Marius Bakke <address@hidden> wrote:

> A git merge will merge all the commits, some of which are bound to
> cause conflicts.  I will try to resolve those tomorrow.
>
> In the mean time, you should be able to "cherry-pick" your patches
> instead.  Something along the lines of:
>
> $ git checkout core-updates
> $ git cherry-pick master..wip-jami
>
> Does that work?

I'm currently hacking it together using "git format-patch" and "git
am" and it seems to work. I'll compile Jami and check if the bug is
present.
Will remember about this cherry-pick thing, because resolving failing
patches wasn't fun, thanks.

If it succeeds, I will need a way to copy contents of the store on my
powerful machine to my potato machine. Is "guix copy" the tool I can
use?

Jan Wielkiewicz