guix-devel

Re: Proxy settings wrt guix daemon

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Proxy settings wrt guix daemon
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 18:47:25 +0200

Hey,

> I went ahead and pushed it as 3302e03ba0edca49347c6a2b215e56bd53a6b113.
> Another 2017 bug closed!  \o/

Well done!

> Ideally, the installer would have a dialog box to select a proxy.
> Do we want to do that?  Or leave it for the next release?

Yes I could do that. I wonder what's the best place for such a dialog
box, because I suspect the vast majority of people is not concerned by
network proxy settings.

Maybe from the new help menu? But then the "help" term is maybe not the
best fit. We could make it a "parameter" menu, this way:

Press <F1> to access installation parameters.

This is the installer parameters menu, please make a choice.

  * Change keyboard layout
  * Configure network proxy

WDYT?

Mathieu