guix-devel

Re: Rethinking files as a concept -- review draft paper

From: Josh Marshall
Subject: Re: Rethinking files as a concept -- review draft paper
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 12:11:13 -0400

Thanks!  No matter what spelling and grammar checkers I seem to pass it through, there always seems to be many things missed.  I'll fix those up and improve the notation as you suggest.  As for the Windows pathing support, I'm not settled on the idea but figured I'd keep it more abstracted.  I'm starting to lean towards a URL or something, even for local files.  I'm going to make a number of fixes, add more example files, expand the grammar somewhat, add some operational and file merge rules, and add API interfaces.  The other feedback I've been getting is that the core concept is clear and solid.  And typos.