guix-devel

Re: Packaging pjproject

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Re: Packaging pjproject
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:35:00 +0100

Dnia 2020-01-31, o godz. 18:12:07
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> To be more specific, I have never touched pjproject.
Sorry, didn't know that.
> I was the 4th person so work on the Jami patch and I fixed pjproject-jami.
> I sadly have no experience with pjproject beyond that.
Now thats scary :D
pjproject is a ghost package.

I can try nagging people on pjproject mailing list, but don't know, if
I'm up to the task. What should I ask them? "How to build pjproject
without running make dep" or "Can I build pjproject using system
libraries"? Should I learn more about build systems to be able to fix
this, or is it implementation-dependent? My experience with packaging
so far tells me there is no standard for build systems and every
package is different.

Jan Wielkiewicz