guix-devel

Re: Another update on the Guix Data Service

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Another update on the Guix Data Service
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 12:08:15 +0100

Hi Christopher!

Nice update as usual!

A few questions:

> Channel news entries are recorded in the database, you can see all that
> are present in a revision [3], but the comparison page should show new
> news entries as well.
>
> 3:
> http://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/06c8e87224decebc0a3d5bdc7d2ca13cb2b08299/news

Is there a link to the news page from

http://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/06c8e87224decebc0a3d5bdc7d2ca13cb2b08299

?

>  - Automated code review for Guix patches, which I was working on when I
>    started working on the Guix Data Service, and most of the
>    functionality can be beneficial there.

Some time ago you did some work on Patchwork.

https://patchwork.cbaines.net/project/guix-patches/list/

I haven't followed very closely, so I wonder what your plans are
regarding patchwork and Guix Data Service.

Last, is there any documentation on how to _use_ it?  (I don't mean the setup.)

Cheers, and thanks again with the great work!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/