guix-devel

Re: Hacking ideas from the Reproducible Builds Summit

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Hacking ideas from the Reproducible Builds Summit
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 23:04:33 +0100

Hi!

zimoun <address@hidden> skribis:

>> ** TODO make it easy to run CI
>>   - “guix ci -C channel.scm -m manifest.scm”
>
> Do you a pointer (thread in guix-devel or bug) about this point "guix ci"?

It was just discussed there.  We were saying that reproducibility and
‘guix challenge’ & co. are useful only if people actually run CI
services, and can thus compare their results with one another.  We have
‘guix publish’, which is rather easy to run, but Cuirass is quite
complex to set up.

If, instead, you could run a simple command like the one above, it’d be
much easier for each one of us to build stuff and publish results.

>> ** TODO have ‘guix challenge’ automatically do “guix build --check” if
>> needed (?)
>
> I like the current default. :-)

Actually I like it too :-), but it makes sense to think about how we can
better integrate all the tools and options that test reproducibility.

Thanks,
Ludo’.