guix-devel

Re: Hacking ideas from the Reproducible Builds Summit

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Hacking ideas from the Reproducible Builds Summit
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 18:43:54 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Thank you for sharing! Cool!

> ** TODO make it easy to run CI
>   - “guix ci -C channel.scm -m manifest.scm”

Do you a pointer (thread in guix-devel or bug) about this point "guix ci"?

> ** TODO have ‘guix challenge’ automatically do “guix build --check” if needed
> (?)

I like the current default. :-)
Well, usually I do not know what I have locally build or not when I
use "guix challenge". And time to time I use "guix challenge <pkg>" to
know if this very <pkg> is locally built or not. Awkward but does the
job. :-)

BTW, it could be cool to expose some options of "guix build" to "guix
challenge", e.g., "--no-substitutes", "--max-jobs", "--cores",
"--with-source", etc.

Cheers,
simon