guix-devel

Re: Cross-compilation broken on canonical packages.

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Cross-compilation broken on canonical packages.
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2020 23:00:41 +0100

Hi,

> It’s more than I thought but I think it’s OK.  (Also, how come
> bare-bones takes 1.5 GiB?!)

That's one of my next subject of investigation :)

>>  (define %default-locale-libcs
>>    ;; The libcs for which we build locales by default.
>> -  (list (canonical-package glibc)))
>> +  (list glibc))
>
> I would leave this bit unchanged if possible, because that way the glibc
> used would really match that programs are linked against.

operating-system-locale-libcs defaults to %default-locale-libcs, so
keeping (canonical-package glibc) prevents cross-compilation :(

We could use a thunk field to write something like:

(define (default-locale-libcs ...)
  (if target glibc (canonical-package glibc))

But I'd like to avoid that. I'll see if I can figure out something
better after a good night.

Thanks,

Mathieu