guix-devel

Re: [Proposal] The Formal Methods in GNU Guix Working Group

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: [Proposal] The Formal Methods in GNU Guix Working Group
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 16:33:00 -0600

> Hi!
>
> Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I forgot to metion I have a small channel at
>> https://framagit.org/tyreunom/guix-coq-channel that keeps track of
>> every coq version since 8.6. I use it to test my coquille plugin on
>> every coq version that exists, but I'm sure there are other use cases
>> :)
>
> That’s an interesting kind of channel that’d be worth promoting (I think
> many people have similar needs for their CI.)  If you feel like writing
> a blog post over the holidays…  ;-)
>
> It’s also a very concrete item that’s directly useful to formal methods
> people, a good way to create ties.

100% Agreed. Amin is also working on packaging the Lean prover and I am
taking an interest in seeing if we can extend the OPAM importer to have
a subimporter for Coq.

Ludo, what do you think about an https://fm.guix.gnu.org/ URL hosting a
haunt webpage designed by Amin and I (and maybe others) to detail the
purpose, goal, and maybe institutional use cases (research papers) of
GNU Guix in the formal methods community?

--
Brett M. Gilio
GNU Guix, Contributor | GNU Project, Webmaster