guix-devel

Happy Holidays!

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Happy Holidays!
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 13:34:14 -0600

Hey there, GNU Guix!

I just wanted to take a moment to wish all of us (religious,
irreligious, and of varying spiritual groups) a happy holidays! GNU Guix
has become a home to me as a programmer, and a growing researcher. I
have made GNU Guix a crucial part of my computing life, and I consider
so many of you to be close friends of mine.

I especially want to remind us how fortunate we are to have people like
Ludovic, Ricardo, David, Andreas, Tobias, Marius, Danny, and Maxim
leading this project in a direction that basically no other projects
have dared to go. We have really taken our collective expertise, and
love for free software, to an unprecendented level.

I also want to take a moment to name drop (and remind) of the Formal
Methods in GNU Guix working group proposal, and thank Amin Bandali,
Simon, Leo Prikler, Jack Hill, and Janneke for their support as I have
been emailing you all countless times asking for support. Your feedback
as been always appreciated and so insightful. Genuinely, thank you! I
hope we can begin to see formal methods become more of a staple to our
innovative system.

To everybody else, thank you for working with me as I learn the ropes of
how to be a better contributor to this project. Your patience with me is
appreciated.

Happy Holidays, eat well, and love GNU!

--
Brett M. Gilio
GNU Guix, Contributor | GNU Project, Webmaster