guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami progress

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami progress
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 20:43:17 +0100

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 08:48:31 +0100
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> The problem here is that “substitute*” expects regular expressions and
> “$”, “(”, “)”, and “.” all have special meaning in a regular
> expression context, so they need to be escaped.  Escaping is done
> with a backslash, but using a backslash in a string in Guile requires
> another layer of escaping, so we end up with this expression:
>
>     (add-before 'check 'skip-test
>       (lambda _
>         (substitute* "tests/Makefile"
>           (("include
> \\$\\(SRC_PATH\\)/tests/fate/lavf-container.mak") "")) #t))
>
> (I did not escap the dot here because it can only match a single
> character, a literal dot in this case.)
>
> --
> Ricardo

Thanks, this solved the issue! ffmpeg-jami now builds correctly,
but there's one more issue. In the "origin" field I use the exact
commit number needed in for applying the patches correctly. Downloading
the source code takes about a minute and then it throws an error saying
that the given commit number is unadvertised by the server and then it
switches to the commit. How can I prevent the source code from being
downloaded for so long?

Besides this, I think the work is finished for now and I would like to
send the patches myself this time, but it seems I used "git pull"
somewhere between my changes. How do I make a patch containing only my
changes?
What about the copyright lines? Should I add them? I also moved Jami
and its modified dependencies to a new file - jami.scm. I know for sure
that's Pierre's and my work, but I don't know if someone else have
modified the code.

Jan Wielkiewicz