guix-devel

Re: 55/61: gnu: linux-libre: Enable built-in ext4 support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: 55/61: gnu: linux-libre: Enable built-in ext4 support.
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 09:58:05 +0200

Hello Mark,

> I'd prefer to go in the other direction, by changing ext4 to be modular
> in _all_ configs.  Would that work for you?

Yes, the only thing that matters to me is that there's consistency
between all platforms. "ext4" is the default fs on vm produced by
"qemu-img" in (gnu system vm) and is supposed to be built-in as there
are no "modprobe ext4".

So if we decide to switch to another fs, or keep "ext4" but as a module
for all architectures, it's fine, as long as its consistent.

For now it would be easier to take this patch and we can later on build
it as a module eveywhere and add it to file-system-type-modules in (gnu
system linux-initrd).

Mathieu