guix-devel

Re: Idris packaging

From: P
Subject: Re: Idris packaging
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:54:30 +0000

On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 3:54 PM, Eric Bavier <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been able to compile Idris' generated C code by setting the, rather
> undocumented, IDRIS_CC environment variable, while having the 'gcc-toolchain'
> package installed.
>
> I have not worked much with Idris modules, so I've not encountered the
> deficiencies you mention. If we need to patch anything, I would prefer
> patching Idris to handle a list of directories in IDRIS_LIBRARY_PATH. That
> seems like a more flexible solution.
>
> `~Eric

Yeah, I figured that part out and got it to compile to an object file with both
clang and gcc, but it doesn't always link correctly. I managed to compile a
basic hello world though.
The issue is always with crti.o and crt1.o, things like GMP and pthreads and
anything else passed in `-l` arguments seems to work. I can see that ld is
called with these crtX.o files as regular arguments, not as -l arguments, which
I guess means that it's trying to link them statically? But I don't know enough
about ld to know for sure.