guix-devel

Re: 01/01: guix: node-build-system: Use guile-json instead of a custom p

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: 01/01: guix: node-build-system: Use guile-json instead of a custom parser.
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:25:31 +0200

Hi,

Robert Vollmert <address@hidden> skribis:

> It’s a bit my fault, for remarking on the fact that the cargo build
> system does use guile-json. I suppose that’s not worth fixing either
> at this point?

Indeed, ‘cargo-build-system’ has the same problem:

(define %cargo-build-system-modules
  ;; Build-side modules imported by default.
  `((guix build cargo-build-system)
    (json parser)
    ,@%cargo-utils-modules))

We should definitely fix it, or we’ll run into discrepancies like I
described.

For now, the easiest option would be to use (guix build json) as well.

Could you look into it, Robert?

Thanks,
Ludo’.