guix-devel

Re: 01/02: Revert "gnu: openssh: Clean-up custom install phase."

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: 01/02: Revert "gnu: openssh: Clean-up custom install phase."
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 08:16:49 +0200

Mark,

Mark H Weaver wrote:
I don't doubt that reverting these commits was the right thing to do, but it would be good to know _why_ they were reverted. Can you provide
a link to a relevant discussion, or else explain it here?

They remove .../var/empty which breaks ssh-daemon.

In general, when reverting commits, I think it would be useful to
include an explanation in the commit log.  What do you think?

You're probably asking the wrong person. I'm all for it. It's not the done thing in Guix, tho'.

Kind regards,

T G-R