guix-devel

Re: Testing needed for lzip substitutes!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Testing needed for lzip substitutes!
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 11:22:00 +0200

Hello,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When replying to a days-old message, please consider quoting the
>> relevant bits.  :-)
>
> Hmmm, actually, why would it be a matter of age?  I think it's only a
> matter of context, and someone browsing the archive years later will not
> mind if a reply was sent 1 day or 1 week later.  All that matters is the
> full thread.  In my opinion a single email
> is useless when not in the context of the entire thread.
> So I believe that it makes more sense for email clients to use
> threading than not.
>
> Or maybe that's not what you meant :p

What I meant is that it’s easier for me (and for others I believe) if
there’s a bit of context.  Gnus doesn’t display the whole thread by
default, so I have to explicitly ask it to display it, etc.

In a way, it’s a MUA issue, and mu4e-conversation seems to be a great
solution to that problem, but not everyone uses it yet.  ;-)

> So I've tried with both qualif and ci, and qualif did not publish any
> substitutes for me.  It works on ci.guix.gnu.org though, and I get
> lzipped substitutes!  Hooray!

Yay!  qualif is gone now.

Thanks,
Ludo’.