guix-devel

Re: Progress on 'guix deploy'

From: Jakob L. Kreuze
Subject: Re: Progress on 'guix deploy'
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 15:42:04 -0400

> I finally got around to working on it:
>
>   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/36162
>
> Let me know what you think!

Thanks for implementing it :)  Not sure if you saw, but I sent two
emails regarding the patch series to guix-patches. They're down at the
bottom of that link you attached.

My thoughts, chiefly, are that it looks very promising, but seems to
bring a few issues with other G-Expression objects. Applying the patch
series to master causes the 'channel-instances->manifest' and
'make-lzip-input-port/compressed' tests to fail. I may end up looking
into it further this evening, but at the moment, I'm not sure I'd know
how to go about debugging something that's being run in the store monad.

Regards,
Jakob