guix-devel

Re: [urgent] GNU Guix in Outreachy May 2019 round?

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: [urgent] GNU Guix in Outreachy May 2019 round?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 12:01:39 +0100

Hello Ricardo,

2019. febr. 18., H 11:53 dátummal Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> ezt írta:

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> the next Outreachy round of internships will take place from May 2019 to
> August 2019.  As a community we would need to decide very soon whether
> we would like to participate in the upcoming round.
>
> To make that decision we need to have people come forward who would like
> to be mentors or co-mentors for an internship project.  Being a mentor
> also means to come up with a project idea or to flesh out somebody
> else’s idea.  (This is different from GSoC.)
>
> The application period begins on February 18 (this is in five days).
> The sooner we join the more likely we will find a strong intern.
>
> If you have doubts about volunteering as a mentor, you are welcome to
> write to me and/or the current Outreachy mentors off-list.

The application period begins today.  So far nobody has come forward
to volunteer as a mentor, so I suppose Guix will not participate in the
upcoming Outreachy round of internships.
I don't have a project in mind, but willing to comentor if something comes up. I can help on the administration and organisation side, and reviewing, like I did already for the past two rounds.

--
Ricardo