guix-devel

Package gmsh: best practise with test-suite?

From: zimoun
Subject: Package gmsh: best practise with test-suite?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:45:02 +0100

Hi Guix,

I am working on packaging GetDP [1] the companion finite element solver of Gmsh.

[1] http://getdp.info/

GetDP depends on some part of Gmsh. So I have a working
gmsh-minimal-no-x package, turning off FLTK, OpenCascade and
non-necessary features.

Then the full test suite fails. As expected. :-)
Now they are all turned off with "#:tests? #f".
Which is okish... but I am not fully satisfied.

Well, the issue is that the tests are generated with this piece of CMake:

  include(CTest)
  file(GLOB_RECURSE TESTFILES
       tutorial/*.geo demos/*.geo benchmarks/?d/*.geo benchmarks/extrude/*.geo)
  foreach(TESTFILE ${TESTFILES})
    # use relative path for cygwin/mingw (the pure win exe built with the mingw
    # compilers does not understand a full cygwin-style path)
    FILE(RELATIVE_PATH TEST ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR} ${TESTFILE})
    add_test(${TEST} ./gmsh ${TEST} -3 -nopopup -o ./tmp.msh)
  endforeach()

What is the better?
 a- Patch the CMakeLists.txt to generate only the right tests
 b- Turn off all the tests

What do you think?

Thank you in advance for any comment.

All the best,