guix-devel

Re: New topic: packaging

From: znavko
Subject: Re: New topic: packaging
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:49:15 +0100 (CET)

GuixSD declared features are academic way of evolution.
Guile instead of self-made language.
Transactions and wide control of packages versions instead of on the wing updates that break the system.
Sorry my French.
If we describe the advantages of Guix for the users, there will be many sites where discussions will go on.

Feb 11, 2019, 2:38 PM by address@hidden:
Hi Guix again!

Another topic is about showing how to package.

Gábor suggested maybe using my experience about creating a new R package.

My idea is to show how to look for a package that is not packaged,
package it and the workflow for testing it with git am and send it to
the patches list. WDTY?

Again, let's the discussion start and let's have in mind our friendly
reminder that it is introductory, not the whole manual, and it is also
a note to self ;)

Regards!
Laura