guix-devel

Re: guix pull: error: symlink: File exists (was: Re: [outreachy] Further

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: guix pull: error: symlink: File exists (was: Re: [outreachy] Further steps)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 15:16:45 -0300

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 4:08 PM Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> wrote:

Thorsten Wilms <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. okt. 25., Cs 20:06):

Hi, this error happened here, too, also on a foreign distro, without any
extra steps.

---
Migrating profile generations to '/var/guix/profiles/per-user/thorwil'...
guix pull: error: symlink: File exists:
"/var/guix/profiles/per-user/thorwil/current-guix-1-link"
---

At the same time, a `sudo guix pull` works fine.

Thanks for this finding.
Sorry, I thought this fixed it for me too, but now every time I run an installed package, I get that guix is 18 days old,  asks me to guix pull, and if I run even the hello package, i get that it is not installed and claims to install it with, in my case, apt.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/