guix-devel

Re: Guix & IPFS

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Guix & IPFS
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:51:00 +0200

> Maybe I am just stating the obvious, but this error seems to be certificate
> related, i think network access is ok, but the certificate cant be
> validated, as no root cert is found.

That was my first clue as well! :)

But looking at other downloaders, only url-fetch has some x509 provisions.  I'm
not too sure about its mechanics however.  For instance, there is this snippet:

(define %x509-certificate-directory
  ;; The directory where X.509 authority PEM certificates are stored.
  (make-parameter (or (getenv "GUIX_TLS_CERTIFICATE_DIRECTORY")
                      (getenv "SSL_CERT_DIR"))))  ;like OpenSSL

But url-fetch is quite complex and I've little time to study it at the moment :p

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/