guix-devel

Re: Come back and graphical installer

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Come back and graphical installer
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 12:48:41 +0900

Hey Danny,

> welcome back!

Thank you :)

> I agree.  I've been meaning to write parted bindings for guile, but
> I got side-tracked with https://github.com/daym/guile-gcc-unit which
> can extract prototypes out of gcc source files (in order to automate
> wrapper generation).  Now I'm motivated to pick it up again.

I was thinking of writing Guile FFI based bindings in the same spirit as
for Guile-git or Guile-newt. However, if we can write a nice higher
level abstraction above generated bindings, I guess it would be ok too.

Pyparted which was mainly written for Anaconda adopted the strategy of
exporting libparted functions in Python via 1:1 function mapping and
then writting a higher level abstraction built on that.

Anyway, your help would be much appreciated on this part that will be
the trickier :)

Thank you,

Mathieu