guix-devel

Re: [outreach] Help trying to create R package

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: [outreach] Help trying to create R package
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 08:34:42 +0200

Hello Laura,

Björn Höfling <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont:
2018. okt. 20., Szo, 8:08):

> Hi Laura,
>
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 20:10:03 -0300
> Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > I ended up sending the patch in plain text mode directly from my
> > email, because even I installed the send-mail command for git, my
> > second factor authenticator complained. I will take a look about how
> > to configure the command properly.

I guess you are using gmail with two factor authentication.
Then you will have to create an app password, and after that
you can use git credentials to set up authentication using the app
password, but sending as plain text is fine for now.

> > Please, let me know if you received it fine, and if so, if you would
> > like me to work on other contributions meanwhile (maybe another r
> > package, or let me know what alse would you like me to do)

Another R package would be great, in the meanwhile I will have a look
around what else to do.

> Congratulations! Your patch went through:
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=33099

That is great!

> Either follow its status on that page and/or subscribe to the
> guix-patches list:

> Someone will review it and give you feedback.

I will review it later today.

> For Outreachy it is important to document your contributions. So,
> please also go to the Guix-Outreachy page, there you should find a link
> to formally report your contribution. When I have understood that
> right, it is not important that your contribution really get's accepted
> for that, just that you made one.

Yes, now you can record this contribution.

> Björn

Best regards,
g_bor