guix-devel

Re: Lisp: Package cl-cffi-gtk

From: Andy Patterson
Subject: Re: Lisp: Package cl-cffi-gtk
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 01:51:25 -0400

Hi Pierre,

On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 21:41:05 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to package cl-cffi-gtk, which should not be so hard, except
> that according to
>
>       https://github.com/Ferada/cl-cffi-gtk/blob/master/INSTALL
>
> we need to push all .asd to asdf:*central-registry*.

That file is just trying to be helpful by providing an easy way to set
things up and make them work.  It also says
> or the corresponding symlinks are created
which is effectively what we will do with the build system.

> This should work, but I wonder how to do this properly with the
> current ASDF build system.

The project doesn't seem to be doing anything special; we just need to
make sure that those dependencies are created as packages first, since
the build system maps asd systems to packages one to one.  The slynk
package may be a helpful resource for seeing how to do that.

Hoping that helps,

--
Andy