guix-devel

[outreachy] am I in the right track to contribute

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: [outreachy] am I in the right track to contribute
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:08:44 -0300

Hi everyone!

I don't know if is it OK to be telling you what I am/ I've been doing
these days, I kind of like doing so to have feedback, and also to let
you know

I installed guix on a VM with an Ubuntu distro and it worked fine - i
ran some basic commands.
 I am trying to install GuixSD over that VM too and on bare metal -
don't know if this two steps are necessary, but looking at the tasks
for Outreachy one items says that I will be doing documentation for
it.
I also read the tutorial in http://guix-hpc-bordeaux.inria.fr, the
documentation about defining packages - I am in process of studying
how to do so. And I have the following questions:
1) should I write, at least for myself, the problems I've been
encountering in the whole process of doing everything?
2) When a suggestion for a contribution is writing an R package, you
mean the R programming language?

Regards!