guix-devel

Re: Guix on aarch64

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Guix on aarch64
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 15:50:19 -0400

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 10:04:12AM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> I think our use of Hydra is not sustainable.  It requires regular manual
> intervention by Mark, careful tuning of SQL queries, conscientious
> clean up of old substitutes, and we have not a single person familiar
> with the Perl code.

True, but in the meantime the Hydra web interface makes it relatively
easy to judge when a branch is ready to merge into master. Can you
recommend a workflow for doing this with Cuirass on berlin?

> I agree.  We need volunteers to pick a particular configuration (my
> suggestion is to start with an Overdrive 3000 rack server[1]) and find a
> place to host these servers.  We have not been successful in delegating
> this to other people and unfortunately the maintainers cannot take care
> of this themselves.

In my home I can host small-ish systems that don't require serious
climate control. So, not the Overdrive 3000, but perhaps the Overdrive
1000.