guix-devel

git-annex: problematic shebangs in .git/hooks/pre-commit?

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: git-annex: problematic shebangs in .git/hooks/pre-commit?
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:02:23 -0400

Hello,

Thanks for packaging git-annex, Tim!  I'm excited to see it in Guix.

I'm wondering whether the shebang patching in .git/hooks/pre-commit will
cause a problem.  Using the patched shellPath_portable, 'git annex init'
generates a hook like this:

    % cat .git/hooks/pre-commit
    #!/gnu/store/rbrandv7anzjxqkr40d7fkanzssslk4b-bash-minimal-4.4.19/bin/sh
    # automatically configured by git-annex
    git annex pre-commit .

But won't this break if that particular bash-mininimal is garbage collected?