guix-devel

Re: next browser (was: Packaging a free Firefox)

From: Andy Patterson
Subject: Re: next browser (was: Packaging a free Firefox)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 23:36:04 -0400

Hi Jack,

On Thu, 3 May 2018 16:23:12 -0400 (EDT)
Jack Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> Me too. What I learned was from reading other package definitions. It
> did seem to me that we would need to use git versions of some of the
> dependencies rather than releases which slightly complicated things
> for a first time packager. I also wasn't sure what to do about
> supporting multiple CL implementations. I was planning to stick with
> just SBCL to start.

I took a look at your package definition and I wanted to let you know
that I have a working package for cffi on sbcl locally. I'll try to get
it submitted this weekend along with some changes to the asdf build
system that I've been working on.

> I wonder if a quicklisp or similar CL package archive importer would
> make sense and be useful.

This is what I've wanted to write for a while but never got around to.
Maybe I'll have a go at it again soon.

Thanks,

--
Andy