guix-devel

Re: Packaging a free Firefox

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Packaging a free Firefox
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 12:56:36 +0200

Hi,

I agree with Pjotr and Clément, I do use mainly two programs on GuixSD,
Firefox and Emacs. Packaging a custom Firefox was like the first thing I
did when starting Guix. Even if we put a lot of efforts in Icecat, it it
still lagging behind Firefox. Thus, having an upstream stripped Firefox
seems like a good idea to me.

Mathieu