guix-devel

Re: Errors encountered in building guix from source.

From: Fis Trivial
Subject: Re: Errors encountered in building guix from source.
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 15:12:21 +0000

> What do you mean by disable?  You could invoke it at any time with a
> clean Bash session.  Also I would recommend to search for a Fedora's
> Bash feature for installing programms if a command is missing and
> disable/remove it.  Fedora's folks probably could help this it.
>
> Oleg.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It means stop sourcing guix-profile/etc/profile at .bash_profile, and
use packages from Fedora's repo rather than guix.

I tried nix a little before I met guix, I did noticed they don't export
this much environment variables in its profile file, they just
wrap/patch those needed programms. I tried to compare nix with guix by
installing a similar set of packages from both platform. On the
nix side, the only non-prefixed environment variable exported is
PATH, while guix exported lots of other envs. (Not exactly the
same the same set of packages, but the comparison does not loss it's
meaning). Those exported envs are real problem on a foreign
distribution.

I will post the profile files in another thread latter if its helpful.