guix-devel

Re: Errors encountered in building guix from source.

From: Fis Trivial
Subject: Re: Errors encountered in building guix from source.
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 20:58:38 +0000

Sorry for the really late reply.

> Installing a missing package by guessing from non-existing command is a
> Fedora's “feauture” of Bash.  I believe this is a reason of following
> failures.  You probably could avoid this by starting a Bash process with
>
>     bash --noprofile
>
> [...]
It would be nice to be included in document.

> Please, run 'sudo' not from 'guix environment'.  (Press Ctrl+D to exit
> from an 'guix environment').

Can we put it in the document too? :)

> What are the exact commands you are giving?
>
> Pj.

I succeeded at the second time according to your guide, don't know why,
maybe missing something. All in all, I sent the remaining patches for
some packages to guix and those are accepted. :)

I think I will have to disable guix for a while since it's really messing
up with my environment and I currently don't have the time to deal with
it. :(
I will come back latter and try joining the development for guix itself,
really sorry.

Fis.