guix-devel

Re: Planning for the next release

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Planning for the next release
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 19:51:36 -0500

On 16/05/17 13:19, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 09:41:38AM -0500, sirgazil wrote:
>> On 15/05/17 07:44, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>> Hi Leo!
>>>
>>> (sirgazil: this is about providing a ready-to-use VM image of GuixSD for
>>> download, in addition to the installation image.  See at the bottom.)
>> [...]
>>
>>> sirgazil: do you think we should add a special icon or something for the
>>> VM image?
>> Yes. How about this:
>>
>> https://bitbucket.org/sirgazil/dnd/downloads/qemu-img.tar.gz
>>
>> You can drop both files in "website/static/base/img". The
>> "installer.svg" file is supposed to overwrite the existing one.
> Although, I am wondering why 'installer.svg' seems specific to the VM
> image now. The VM image is not an installer.
Hi Leo :)

I don't know if I understand correctly, but the "installed.svg" file
contains several download icons, but just one is on the "canvas" at a
time, so your file manager will display a preview with the last icon
that was left on the canvas, which should be the QEMU icon.

As for the name of the file, it may be confusing, so maybe it could be
renamed "download-icons.svg"?

--
https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/