guix-devel

Re: Planning for the next release

From: ng0
Subject: Re: Planning for the next release
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 21:04:23 +0000

On Fri, 12 May 2017, Leo Famulari wrote:

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:00:16AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
With UEFI (almost) ready, Guile 2.2 in the house, and “make release”,
should we aim for next week (like Wed. 17th)?  Can we focus on polishing
the remaining bits and testing?

If the schedule turns out to be too tight, we could move to the week
after.

Thoughts?

If possible, I would appreciate if the release included a QEMU image
that we could offer to VPS hosters like serveraptor.com, as discussed in
this thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-03/msg00772.html

This would also depend on <https://bugs.gnu.org/26875> (Non-graphical
GRUB menus) being merged.

If the maintainers want to try for this, I'm happy to help prepare a
system declaration and test it.

That would be great, a start for those who can easily make use of
not so specific images!