guix-devel

Re: NetworkManager doesn't "Connect automatically"

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: NetworkManager doesn't "Connect automatically"
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 23:38:34 +0100

Hello network managers!  :-)

address@hidden skribis:

> Accordig to what Thomas comments, I have two ideas:
>
> * I wil try to compile 'network-manager' with
> '--with-session-tracking=consolekit'.

On GuixSD we use “elogind”, which is like “systemd-logind”.

However, the build log says:

Platform:
  session tracking: consolekit
  suspend/resume: consolekit

… which is definitely wrong.

We need to tell it to use elogind, but adding it as an input is not
enough.  Ideas?

> * I remember that we do not have the file 'NetworkManager.conf' under
> '/etc/NetworkManager' directory.

Do you think it matters?

Thanks for looking into it!

Ludo’.