guix-devel

Re: avr-gcc

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: avr-gcc
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:01:22 +0200

On Fri 15 Apr 2016 10:09, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
>> I suppose the problem is that CPATH is still used elsewhere, leading
>> to interference with this one.
>
> The problem is our usage of C_INCLUDE_PATH.

I don't understand this diagnosis.  If the paths were not in
C_INCLUDE_PATH, they would be in CPATH.  Then you'd have the same
problem.  No?

Or is there some special logic which is applying to CPATH which is not
applying to C_INCLUDE_PATH?

Basically in Guix we should, IMO, always be working on C_INCLUDE_PATH
and friends, and never on CPATH.

Andy