guix-devel

Re: avr-gcc

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: avr-gcc
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 16:14:51 -0400

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Thompson, David
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know why it's including headers from the host system's libc.
> Manolis was able to get past it by including a cross-libc built for
> i686.  Does this seem wrong to anyone else?  Any thoughts on what
> might be going on here?

Well, with a super nasty hack I've been able to successfully build an
AVR toolchain without using that cross-libc!

The issue is that, at least on x86_64, the avr-libc build happens
without the __x86_64__ preprocessor definition.  Adding it manually
with the make flag 'CFLAGS=-D__x86_64__' yields a successful build.
Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong here?  If so, how can we
make sure that all platforms will build this thing correctly?  I use
avr-gcc on ARM machines, for example.

Thanks,

- Dave