guix-devel

Re: GSOC 2016 Application

From: sapientech
Subject: Re: GSOC 2016 Application
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 00:21:23 -0700

Hi George,
On 2016-03-25 13:11, myglc2 wrote:
Reading your proposal and another on installation prompted me to write
some general thoughts about Guix installation which you might find
interesting:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.guix.devel/18206

You bring up some really good points about encouraging a Guix/GNU/Linux installer instead of a GuixSD one. If the installer's aim is to help less-experienced users, then we should probably discourage them from using GuixSD, at least for now. If others agree, I am happy to move in this direction.

I think the installer flow you mentioned in your article would be really cool. Maybe we could have a few default setups for novice users who might be intimidated by all the choices though!

Thanks George,
Dylan