guix-devel

Re: GSoC ideas

From: Ben Woodcroft
Subject: Re: GSoC ideas
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 09:53:00 +1000

On 06/02/16 21:38, Pjotr Prins wrote:
[..]
   - Add all testing frameworks to Guix (e.g. cucumber)
Hey just fyi I think I just got cucumber working here
https://github.com/wwood/guix_mine/blob/master/ben/packages/rails.scm

but the (7?) patches need finalisation (updating to newest versions/synopses/description/lint/reproducibility etc.) before submission here.

For Ruby, circular dependencies seem to be an ongoing issue. I'm not sure how hard this is, but an error message more useful than "stack overflow" or whatever it is would be helpful, perhaps this is something a student could work on.