Re: a cookbook

From: dsmich
Subject: Re: a cookbook
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 22:00:04 +0000

> From: "Vijay Marupudi"
> To: "Catonano", "guile-devel"
> Subject: Re: a cookbook

> > Is there any interest/possibility to have such a cookbook hosted
> > within the Guile official documentation (as it is for Guix) ?

> I personally think that a Cookbook should be an independent effort,
> with
> links from the Guile Manual if possible. This would lighten the load
> on
> the maintainers, and allow for quicker collaboration.

I found this interesting: https://diataxis.fr/

Classifies documentation into 4 types

Tutorials:  Learning oriented
How-To Guides: Task oriented
Explanation: Understanding oriented
Reference: Information oriented

The Guile Manual is a Reference.  Mainly a Reference.  There are some tutorial-like things in it, and some explanations, but not much.

It really would be good to have more non-reference documentation.

-Dale