Re: Towards De-icing ice-9 modules.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Towards De-icing ice-9 modules.
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 16:18:50 -0500

Hi Chad,

Chad Albers <address@hidden> writes:
> In my attempt to assist the guile project, I thought I would share a
> document on a plan to migrate some of the ice-9 modules into a more
> intuitive, yet to be decided, namespace. Before I proposed a
> technological plan, I have begun really an audit of what ice-9 modules
> are available (and undocumented), and other modules that guile ships
> with. (there are some secrets down there).
>
> Here's the document so far:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hHAz1xRPlH2K6w_olWE6qej3lL7i4-zKdYAV1xbYHO8/edit#gid=0

I would thank you for this, but I cannot even view it without running
nonfree software on my machine.  Posting this link essentially puts
pressure on those who wish to have a voice in this discussion to use
nonfree software, and excludes those who take a principled stand against
using nonfree software.  That's not good.

> (I apologize that it's a google document. I couldn't find a
> comparable,free software online collaborative alternative. suggestions
> are welcome).

We must not collaborate on a platform where using nonfree software is a
prerequisite for entry.

Can you please send it in email as plain text?

     Mark