Re: Docstring as only form in a function

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Docstring as only form in a function
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 01:41:39 -0500

Hi Arne,

Arne Babenhauserheide <address@hidden> writes:
> I think it would be more consistent to have the first form of the body
> double as a docstring if it is a string.

I agree with others that this is a very bad idea, and would encourage
you to change your habits.  However, for the sake of showing how easy it
is to modify 'define' to act the way you prefer in your own modules:

(define-syntax define
  (with-syntax ((guile-define #'(@ (guile) define)))
    (lambda (form)
      (syntax-case form ()