Re: Guile parsing html and htmlprag.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Guile parsing html and htmlprag.
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 17:23:30 -0400

address@hidden (Taylan Ulrich B.) writes:

> If I'm not mistaken, having a nontrivial amount of code (e.g. whole
> module) become part of the official Guile distribution requires the
> copyright of the code (and subsequent contributions) to be assigned to
> the FSF.  So both you and all original authors of htmlprag would need to
> officially assign their copyright.

That can't be right, because Guile has already imported several modules
of similar size without copyright assignment. e.g. SSAX, match, and
several SRFI implementations.  Htmlprag is distributed under the LGPL
2.1 or later, which should be fine for us.

Of course I'd like to hear a pronouncement from one of the official
maintainers, but I see no reason why we couldn't import htmlprag and
start modifying it.

     Regards,
       Mark