Re: Guile parsing html and htmlprag.

From: Taylan Ulrich B.
Subject: Re: Guile parsing html and htmlprag.
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:52:34 +0200

Dmitry Bogatov <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Beeing in need to parse html(not xml) with Guile, I discovered that we
> have no one-true-way solution, like python's Beautiful Soup. The best we
> have is htmlprag-0.16. It works for me, good documented(even in
> TexInfo), but it is dropped by it's author. I think it would get more
> love as part of official Guile modules tree (personally, I always prefer
> standard modules to something-that-even-have-no-git-repository).
>
> If you agree with proposition, I will start work on patch.
>
> --
> Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <address@hidden>,
> Free Software supporter and netiquette guardian.
>       git clone git://gitorious.org/illusionoflife-read-only/rc-files.git
> --depth 1
>       GPG: 54B7F00D
> Html mail and proprietary format attachments are forwarded to /dev/null.

If I'm not mistaken, having a nontrivial amount of code (e.g. whole
module) become part of the official Guile distribution requires the
copyright of the code (and subsequent contributions) to be assigned to
the FSF.  So both you and all original authors of htmlprag would need to
officially assign their copyright.  (This might be implausible if there
have been a dozen contributors.)

Otherwise, might want to look into guildhall.

Taylan