Re: propose deprecation of generalized-vector-*

From: Aharon Robbins
Subject: Re: propose deprecation of generalized-vector-*
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:48:32 +0200

Hello All.

About which I don't have much comment. He then wrote:

> The GNU gawk developers are currently working on similar extensions to
> the code world outside the scripting language; it would make sense for
> both gawk and guile groups to be aware of the efforts of the other:

I wanted to clarify that this is a private mailing list, and is likely
to remain so.  However, documentation of the API is available at

        http://www.skeeve.com/api-chapter.pdf

And of course, the texinfo source as well as all the code are available
in the gawk git repo on savannah, in the 'master' branch.

The above PDF has the full chapter (about 50 pages) explaining the API
and how to use it, including examples, and about 5 pages from an appendix
discussing the design decisions.

The API is intended for interfacing with awk programs, and not as a general
mechanism for any and all scripting languages.  Nonetheless, if it's useful
for the guile developers to see, that's great, and if anyone has comments
about it, they may be sent to address@hidden

Thanks,

Arnold